New rules of operation of the consular services
We would like to inform you that due to the new coronavirus (COVID-19) situation the following rules of operation of the consular services are effective from the 16th March 2020 at the Embassy of Hungary:
No applications for the following consular services are dealt with until further notice:
- all types of visas (except for stay permit visas for appointed diplomatic staff in Budapest)
- Hungarian passports and ID cards (except for temporary passports valid for maximum one year)
- registration of birth/marriage/death and related services
- all services concerning simplified naturalization and citizenship cases
- acquiring of documents, certifications and Apostille stamp from Hungary
Otherwise, only clients having an appointment are served and only one by one each at the time of the pre-booked appointment (with the exception of Hungarian citizens in need of urgent consular assistance).
This means that only one person at a time can be present in the Consular Office’s waiting room.
For making an appointment
+60-3-2020-1072 / 2020-1073 (during business hours)
or write an e-mail to:
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Consular Office of the Embassy of Hungary